Baked Cod with Whole Grain Mustard & Yogurt
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Difficulty Rating: Easy
Buy Ingredients: Wild Scottish Cod Fillets
- 4 Highland Bay Seafoods cod fillets.
- 250g natural yoghurt.
- 4 tablespoon whole grain mustard.
- 100g cheddar cheese, grated.
- 50g fresh bread crumbs.
- 15g cheddar cheese.
- If cod fillets are frozen defrost in fridge using package guidelines ready for cooking.
- Grease the bottom of an oven proof dish with the butter, making sure that the four cod fillets fit with out overlapping.
- Place the cod fillets in the dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix together the whole grain mustard and yoghurt, then pour over the cod fillets.
- Mix together the grated cheese and bread crumbs.
- Chef Tip: The dish can be prepared to this stage several hours in advance.
- Pre-heat the oven to190oC.
- Place the prepared cod fillets in to the oven and cook for 12-15 minutes.
- The cheese and bread crumbs will turn golden brown and form a light crust. To test if the cod is cooked lightly press down on the flesh, it should just start to flake apart.
- Serve with boiled new potatoes and crust bread.