Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Difficulty Rating: Easy
Buy Ingredients: Wild Scottish Haddock Fillets
- 4 Highland Bay Seafoods haddock fillets.
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs.
- 4 tablespoons fresh bread crumbs.
- 2 tablespoons melted butter.
- 400g potato, peeled.
- 40g butter.
- 400ml double cream.
- 50g cheddar cheese.
- 1 large leek, chopped.
- Pinch ground nutmeg.
- If the haddock fillets are frozen defrost in fridge using package guidelines ready for cooking.
- For the cheddar mash add the potatoes to a pan of salted cold water, bring to the boil then simmer until just cooked. Drain, then return the potatoes to the pan over a low heat to dry out for a few minutes. Next mash the potatoes then mix in 20g butter and 150ml double cream, when smooth fold in cheddar cheese.
- The creamed leeks can be made in advance and re-heated gently. Sweat the chopped leeks with 20g butter 3-4 minutes, add the cream, bring to the boil then simmer until slightly thickened 5-6 minutes, then season with salt, pepper and a pinch of ground nutmeg.
- Preheat the grill to medium to high setting.
- Open the haddock fillets and pat dry with kitchen towel. Lightly season with salt and pepper and place on an oiled tray.
- Mix the bread crumbs with the herbs.
- Brush the top of the fillets with melted butter, then dip the brushed sides into the herb and bread crumb mix making sure there is an even coating.
- Place the tray of fillets under the grill until golden brown, 3-4 minutes.
- To serve spoon the mash on one side of the plate, a spoon full of creamed leeks on the other and sit the haddock on the leeks.