Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Difficulty Rating: Easy
Buy Ingredients: Wild Scottish Haddock Fillets
- 4 Highland Bay Seafoods haddock fillets.
- 200g dried bread crumbs.
- 5 tablespoons plain flour, seasoned.
- 2 eggs, beaten.
- 3 tablespoons sunflour oil.
- 350ml mayonnaise.
- (Buy or Home Made)2 tablespoons fresh herbs, chopped.
- 3 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- 2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest.
- 1 garlic clove, purred.
- 2 Egg yolks.
- 1 table spoon English mustard.
- Pinch salt, sugar and white pepper.
- 1/2 lemon juice.
- 50ml Extra virgin olive oil Or Rapeseed oil.
- 250ml Sunflower oil.
- If Haddock fillets are frozen defrost in fridge using package guidelines ready for cooking.
- Make the lemon, garlic and herb mayonnaise in advance. Mix the mayonnaise with the lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic and herbs and spoon into ramekins.
- Place egg yolks, mustard, salt, sugar and a squeeze of your lemon in a bowl and whisk well together.
- Place both oils in one jug and pour slowly to start with onto the egg yolk mixture in a steady stream whisking all the time until.
- You will have a thick emulsified shiny mayonnaise at the end. If to thick add some boiled water to thin down, check seasoning and add more lemon juice if required, cover and place in fridge.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200oC / 400oC / gasmark 6. Open the haddock fillets and pat dry with kitchen towel.
- Slice the haddock fillets length ways into 1 cm strips.
- Place the breadcrumbs, beaten egg and seasoned flour in to seperate dishes.
- Toss the haddock fillets in the flour, shake off the excess flour and then dip in to the beaten egg. Once the fillets are coated in egg, toss them in the bread crumbs making sure each fillet is well coated. Next gently roll each fillet between your hand and the table, this smooths out the goujon giving a nicer apearance.
- Place the goujons on a non stick oven tray, leaving a gap between the goujons. Drizzle the sunflour oil over the goujons then place in the oven to bake for 4-5 minutes.
- To serve place the mayonnaise into ramekens for dipping and the goujons on the side along with a simple green salad.