Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Difficulty Rating: Easy
Buy Ingredients: Wild Split Scottish Scampi Tails (m)
- 4 Highland Bay Seafoods monkfish fillets.
- 400ml light fish stock.
- 2 medium carrots (diced).
- 1 medium white turnip (diced).
- 2 courgette (diced).
- 8 asparagus spears, halved.
- 200g frozen peas.
- 40g pearl barley.
- 15g butter.
- 20g fresh chopped parsley.
- If Monkfish fillets are frozen defrost in fridge using package guidelines ready for cooking.
- The broth can be made in advance Heat a large deep pot, add the butter, once melted add the carrots, turnip and pearl barley and gently sweat for 3-4 minutes, then add the fish stock. Bring to the boil then simmer for 10-15minutes (until the pear barley is just cooked). Add the courgette and asparagus and cook for one minute.
- Open and pat dry monkfish tails on kitchen towel. Cut the monkfish fillets into thick 3cm slices. Chef Tip: Ensure the fish is cut into even-sized pieces as this will ensure they all cook at the same time.
- Carefully lay the monkfish fillets on top of the broth and place a tight fitting lid on the pot. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Lift the lid off and add the peas, place the lid back on cook for a further minute.
- Serve immediately, dividing the broth and monkfish fillets between four bowls.