Definition: Cooking fish and shellfish enclosed in a cooking dish with butter using dry heat in a hot oven.
Example: Monkfish1. Pre heat oven to Gas 7 or 200C.
2. Pat dry fish.
3. Place a little oil on the bottom of the dish, lay white vegetables on top.
4. Lay fish on top and season lightly with salt and pepper, add soft butter and spread over fish. Cover with lid.
5. Place in oven to cook, two thirds through cooking remove lid and baste fish.
6. Leave lid off for fish to colour. Fish should be 60-62 degrees Celcius.
7. Remove fish and keep warm while resting, make sauce from cooking juices and vegetables, strain over sliced fish.